Thursday, November 18, 2010

Starting a new Blog

Cover of "Kindle Wireless Reading Device,...Cover via AmazonA few weeks ago, thanks to Leon Sterling, got my Kindle ebook reader. Since then, I've been chewing and digesting a lot more than I have in ages.

The Amazon Kindle really is worth having. While I can read books on my laptop, it's not really very easy to tote around. It's fairly big. The second thing is that the LCD, while a vast improvement over the CRT it replaced, and imminently in danger from LED adoption, simply is not as easy to view for the eyes as e-ink.

Now, another thing worth mentioning is that I'm a lover of classical literature. Thanks to groups such as Gutenberg.org, I have access to more than 30,000 books which are all free, thanks to the expiration date of their copyright.

I have read more books in the last three or four weeks than I have in years. I've decided to start a blog review of the books I read on my Kindle, which I often refer to as my Magic Book for the simple reason that now I can carry a library around with me, wherever I go.

On the other hand, I'm also waiting patiently for the day when a colour version comes out for around $200. That would definitely be nice, since I also like reading magazines.
Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment