Saturday, September 10, 2016

The Mind Games Women Play on Men, Tonya Love

"The Mind Games Women Play on Men" by Tonya Love was free for awhile on Amazon.com. Tonya Love is the author of the classic, "The 20 Types Of Bitches In The World." Now "The Mind Games Women Play on Men" is selling for $3.99.

This ebook is rather short. As such, each subtopic that Love brings up is poorly developed.

I don't know if Tonya Love is a male or female. I'm kind of on the fence here. My first impression is that it reads a bit misogynistically. On the other, some women are misogynistic. Regardless, when using the pronoun to refer to the writer, I'll assume that the writer is female.

There is one couple which she uses repeatedly throughout several of the subtopics as an example to help each of her theories. There are a few contradictions here: in one chapter, the man asks his woman (who manipulates him all the time with sex and other tools) to marry him every year, and she turns him down. Then Love writes that "She also knew that if she was married to him, the house would be half hers and he couldn't make her leave it anymore! So she would bait him with, 'We have been married together for six years, and still you haven't married me.' So which is it? Is he asking, then she says no, and complains that they're not married? Wow, if she's like that then she's really into creating drama over nothing. Be grateful, whatever guy Tonya Love is basing her narrative on, that the lady never said yes. She's deadly poison.

In any case, the type of woman she describes seems based on a kind of trashy person one might want to avoid altogether. I have this urge to suggest that the 'house' she refers to that the couple share when they're together is in fact a trailer in a park somewhere.

Tonya Love didn't bother with a proofreader, and it shows. There are a lot of grammatical errors, wrong words, "your/you're" issues, and more. But, it does not detract from what she's trying to get across.

I think that the writer believes that all women play these games. I do think that the author is a woman, and no I don't think she's misogynistic. The last lines of her book are, "Those who play together, stay together." So clearly she thinks that games are normal for relationships. This may be true, particularly for her and her circles. Perhaps this is fairly normal for the American woman or other women, but very few of the games she refers to am I familiar with. I am 41, and have had six major relationships lasting 2 or more months, with the last 4 lasting for 4 years or more. There are some games, but not the ones she has talked about.

Why did I get this book? Well, I thought it might be a bit more amusing or offer some interesting insights into some types of relationships. I got something out of it. I was amused. It's short enough that I made it to the end and didn't waste too much time on it. 

Is it worth $3.99? I'll go with no.

No comments:

Post a Comment